Note – this page is still under construction – so please bear with us and check back later.
Collective Writing – Introduction
Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia (PESA) members began experimenting with forms of collective writing a few years ago when Michael Peters developed the concept of short 500 word pieces in a specific architecture, on a topic. The authors are no longer just from PESA and although many articles have appeared in Educational Philosophy and Theory (EPAT), they have also been published in other journals.
Now a collection of these form the new book edited by Michael A. Peters, Tina Besley, Marek Tesar, Liz Jackson, Petar Jandric, Sonja Arndt and Sean Sturm, published by Taylor & Francis.
The Methodology and Philosophy of Collective Writing: An Educational Philosophy and Theory Reader Volume X
- Towards a philosophy of academic publishing, Educational Philosophy and Theory, 48:14, 1401-1425, DOI:10.1080/00131857.2016.1240987
Michael A. Peters, Petar Jandrić, Ruth Irwin, Kirsten Locke, Nesta Devine, Richard Heraud, Andrew Gibbons, Tina Besley, Jayne White, Daniella Forster, Liz Jackson, Elizabeth Grierson, Carl Mika, Georgina Stewart, Marek Tesar, Susanne Brighouse, Sonja Arndt, George Lazaroiu, Ramona Mihaila, Catherine Legg & Leon Benade (2016)
- Experimenting with academic subjectivity: collective writing, peer production and collective intelligence, Open Review of Educational Research, 6:1, 25-39, DOI: 10.1080/23265507.2018.1557072
Michael A. Peters, Tina Besley & Sonja Arndt (2019)
Experimenting with academic subjectivity: collective writing peer production and collective intelligence
- Collective Writing: An inquiry into praxis. Knowledge Cultures, 5(1), 85 109. https://doi.org/10.22381/KC5120177.
Jandrić, P.; Devine, N.; Jackson, E.; Peters, M.; Lăzăroiu, G.; Mihaila, R.; Locke, K.; Heraud, R.; Gibbons, A.; Grierson, E.; Forster, D.; White, J.; Stewart, G.; Tesar, M.; Arndt, S.; Brighouse, S. (2017).
- Openness and the Intellectual Commons. Open Review of Educational Research, 1(1), 1-7. doi:1080/23265507.2014.984975
Peters, M. A. (2014)
Openness and the Intellectual Commons
- Radical Openness: Creative Institutions, Creative Labor and the Logic of Public Organizations in Cognitive Capitalism, Knowledge Cultures, 21(2), 2013: 47–72.
Peters, M.A. (2014)
- Public Knowledge Cultures, Knowledge Cultures, 1(2): 30-46.
Peters, M.A. & Besley, T. (2014)
- Citizen science and ecological democracy in the global science regime: The need for openness and participation, Educational Philosophy and Theory,
Peters, M.A. & Besley, T. (2019)
Citizen science and ecological democracy in the global science regime The need for openness and participation
- Citizen science and post-normal science in a post-truth era: Democratising knowledge; socialising responsibility, Educational Philosophy and Theory, 51:13, 1293-1303,
Peters, M.A. & Besley, T. (2019)
Citizen science and post normal science in a post truth era Democratising knowledge socialising responsibility
- Open science, philosophy and peer review. Educational Philosophy and Theory, 46(3), 215-219. doi:1080/00131857.2013.781296
Peters, M. A. (2014)
Open Science Philosophy and Peer Review
- Is peer review in academic publishing still working? Open Review of Educational Research, 5(1), 95-112. https://doi.org/10.1080/23265507.2018.1479139.
Jackson, L., Peters, M. A., Benade, L., Devine, N., Arndt, S., Forster, D., Gibbons, A., Grierson, E., Jandrić, P., Lazaroiu, G., Locke, K., Mihaila, R., Stewart, G., Tesar, M., Roberts, & Ozoliņs, J. (2018).
Is peer review in academic publishing still working
- Between the blabbering noise of individuals or the silent dialogue of many: A collective response to ‘postdigital science and education’ (Jandrić et al. 2018). Postdigital Science and Education, 1(2), 446-474. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42438-019-00037-y.
Arndt, S., Asher, G., Knox, J., Ford, D. R., Hayes, S., Lăzăroiu, G., Jackson, L., Mañero Contreras, J., Buchanan, R., D’Olimpio, L., Smith, M., Suoranta, J., Pyyhtinen, O., Ryberg, T., Davidsen, J., Steketee, A., Mihăilă, R., Stewart, G., Dawson, M., Sinclair, C., & Peters, M. A. (2019).
Between the blabbering noise of individuals or the silent dialogue of many: A collective response to ‘postdigital science and education’
- Ten theses on the the shift from (static) text to (moving) image. Open Review of Educational Research, 5(1): 56-94. https://doi.org/10.1080/23265507.2018.1470768.
Peters, M. A., White, E. J., Grierson, E., Stewart, G., Devine, N., Craw, J., Gibbons, A., Jandrić, P., Peters, M. A., Novak, R., White, E. J., Heraud R. & Locke, K. (2018).
Ten theses on the the shift from static text to moving image
- Education in and for the Belt and Road Initiative: The Pedagogy of Collective Writing, Educational Philosophy and Theory, DOI: 1080/00131857.2020.1718828
Michael A. Peters, Ogunniran Moses Oladele, Benjamin Green, Artem Samilo, Hanfei Lv, Laimeche Amina, Yaqian Wang, Mou Chunxiao, Jasmin Omary Chunga, Xu Rulin, Tatiana Ianina, Stephanie Hollings, Magdoline Farid Barsoum Yousef, Petar Jandrić, Sean Sturm, Jian Li, Eryong Xue, Liz Jackson & Marek Tesar (2020)
- Video ethics in educational research involving children: Literature review and critical discussion, Educational Philosophy and Theory, DOI: 1080/00131857.2020.1717920
Michael A. Peters, E. Jayne White, Tina Besley, Kirsten Locke, Bridgette Redder, Rene Novak, Andrew Gibbons, John O’Neill, Marek Tesar & Sean Sturm (2020)
Choosing a Journal
Taylor & Francis – https://www.tandfonline.com/
Resources for Authors – https://authorservices.taylorandfrancis.com/